Monday, January 12, 2015

Writing Prompts (from High School Expository Writing Unit)

Daily Journal Assignment & Prompts
Assignment: Write for 30 minutes each night. Use the prompts below (based on Write Source 2000 page 50)  to stretch your thinking and challenge your writing. This is your opportunity for experimenting with words, techniques, and styles.
In Class: Share your writing and give constructive (specific) feedback

Tell the Story….
My worst day
My craziest family experience
an unforgettable dream
the hardest thing I’ve ever done
my best hour
the worst thing to wait for
the best kitchen creation
Describe:
-people, teachers, relatives, classmates, coach, neighbor, bus driver, someone you wish you were like
-places: hangout, garage, classroom, rooftop, park, beach, mountain, river, yard, home
-things: games, favorite possessions, things in my backback, things in my treasure box, my bed
Explain…
Narrate…
-just last night
-a big mistake
-a reunion
-dancing
-getting hurt
-flirting
-learning to….
-all wet
-getting caught
-cleaning up
-being a friend
Explain
How to… eat, make, improve, care for, entertain, impress, earn, change
The causes of...
Kinds of...friends, dreams, pain, neighbors, clouds, heroes, hawaiians, locals, tourists, homework, siblings, teachers, books, days,
Definition of… a friend, a good time, soul, a Hawaiian, a family, kuleana, teenagers, surfing
Persuading
something that needs improving
something that deserves support
something that’s unfair
something that everyone should see.
Defend your beliefs
defend your choices
defend your practices….
Explore…
I wonder how
Too many people
The good thing about
I hope
I just learned
One place
Technology is
I am
I will always need
I will never
I have never
I don’t regret
My secret
A day in the life of an animal
Last time I
When I played the rebel
When I’m sick
I am a part of the world
When I’m in charge
What defines me as a friend?
What are my duties?
“He that seeks trouble always finds it.”
A person I once worshipped
It sounds crazy but
Putting my foot in my mouth
I didn’t mean to
I heard
Creepy things
Whatever happened to me…
I got so angry when
Where do I draw the line?
What should everyone know
Why do people like to
What i I never forgot...

No comments:

Post a Comment